The DGX Gears BCI Backup Regulator adds convenience and streamlined efficiency to sport diving equipment configurations.
The breathable inflator replaces the standard power-inflator found on your wing or BCD. By combining an alternate air source with a power-inflator, there is one less hose coming off the first stage and eliminates a traditional long hose octopus dragging in the sand or across fragile coral.
This configuration also makes it quicker and easier to find your backup regulator because you reach for and operate your inflator several times throughout each dive. In an emergency out-of-air donation, you always donate the primary regulator in your mouth and switch to breathing from the BCI.
The ultimate tool for streamlining, the DGX Gears BC Integrated Backup Regulator is attached to the wing or BCD corrugated inflator hose and is fed by the first stage in the same manner as any regulator. It can be assembled on nearly any BC and eliminates the need for a separate back up regulator aka "octopus."
It is supplied with a hi-flow quick coupling adapter that together with an optional low-pressure regulator hose replaces your standard low pressure BC inflator hose - thus eliminating the hose and dangling octopus regulator that is a hassle. The advantage of using a high-flow QD adapter with an ordinary low-pressure regulator hose is that should the hose later need to be replaced due to age or damage, you do not have to source a hose with a specialized QD fitting.
The BC Integrated Backup Regulator works with nearly any BCD or aircell (aka 'wing') with a 1-inch inside diameter corrugated hose. Just remove the existing power inflator on the BC and low-pressure BC hose on the first stage, then attach the BCI second stage and a standard low-pressure regulator hose in their place.
- Large, shape and color differentiated buttons are easy-to-use, even with gloves.
- The easy purge cover is located on the bottom of the unit so it will not be affected by strong currents.
- Downstream demand valve with venturi assist for performance and reliability at any sport diving depth.
- Includes inlet protective cap to keep out water and particulates.
- The screw-on corrugated hose nipple makes the entire second stage easily detachable from the BCD or wing.
- Includes QD push-on adapter for use with standard low-pressure regulator hose.
- Proven design meets the requirements of EN250 for an auxiliary emergency breathing device integrated with a buoyancy inflation system.
The DGX Gears BCI is a proven device that has been relied upon for years by sport divers the world over. The raw performance is suitable for use in sport depths, but we feel this device is not suitable for extended range depths.
Please keep in mind the BCI by design is not a high-performance second stage, and it's performance may also be affected by the performance of your existing first stage. However, in an emergency situation it is the calmer donating diver breathing on the BCI and therefore we are comfortable this product will meet the needs of most sport divers.
Check it out and more over at: https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-gears-bci-backup-regulator