Divers seeking an economical light might want to check out the Swedish manufacturer, ‘Nanight’. Their Tech 2 has been designed to be a budget canister light.
The diver has the option of either using six nickel metal hydride rechargable batteries (Ni-MH) that generates 1,500 Lumen or upgrading to a Li-ion (lithium-ion) rechargeable battery pack that will give you 4,000 Lumen.
Nanight have indicated that there are four power settings. Depending on which battery solution the diver is using, they can expect a five to nine hour burn time on the lowest setting.
The light system weights in at 500 g / 1.1 lb without batteries and comes with a soft Goodman handle. Divers are able to upgrade to a hard carbon or aluminium Goodman handle if they wish. At the time of writing this, Nanight has not indicated a depth rating for this lighting system.
- Four power settings: high, medium, low, very low
- Rechargeable six nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) rechargable batteries (2300 mAh): generates 1,500 Lumen
- Burn Time: 1 hour at full power followed by two hours at stepped down power, or nine hours minimal light level
- Rechargeable lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery: generates 4,000 Lumen
- Burn Time: 50 minutes at full power, two hours at stepped down power, or five hours minimal light level
- 120 cm / 47' cable
- 10° Lens
- Soft Goodman Handle
- Battery holder for six cells
- Triple Cree XHP35
- Weights 500 g / 1.1 lb without batteries