New Nudibranchs Encyclopedia: in memory of Neville Coleman
We are proud to announce the launch of the 2nd edition of the popular 'Neville Coleman’s Nudibranchs Encyclopedia - Catalogue of Asia / Indo Pacific Sea Slugs’. A large hole has been left in many people’s hearts after the passing of one of the most passionate underwater naturalists in the world, Neville Coleman in 2012. His most popular book, the Nudibranchs Encyclopedia sold out a while ago and we decided to publish a revised and updated 2nd edition of this bestseller in memory of Neville.
Significant part of the proceeds of this book support the Neville Coleman Legacy, a fund that aims to make his life’s work available to the world in digital form.
This book contains over 2000 full colour photographs presenting 54 families and 1198 Species of Nudibranch. Gary Cobb and David Mullins, both keen Nudibranch enthusiasts, have worked on this book keeping alive the life’s work of an extraordinary underwater explorer and friend, Neville Coleman.
This book is being published by underwater.com.au (Australia) and Masalai press (USA) and ships in September 2015. It is currently available at a special pre-sale price of A$49.95 (inc GST) at https://underwater.com.au/shop/nudibranchs-encyclopedia-catalogue-of-in…
- Larger than life images (8 per page).
- Alphabetically arranged by Family, genus and species in line with the Zoological Catalogue of Australia for easy reference.
- Over 2000 stunning colour reproductions.
- Hundreds of new species, many published for the first time.
- Family names - common names - scientific names – authors/dates, location data and size for each image.
- Fully indexed; over 50 photographic contributors from across the globe.
- Accurate up to date identifications by world authorities.
- Tropical and temperate and over 100 undescribed species.
- Hundreds of remarkable colour variations.
- Fully indexed common and scientific names, authors and dates