2015: A 42th edition under the sign of evolution: The competitions categories have been modified in order to enhance the visibility and attraction of the prizes and awards.
• This year the deadline for registration is scheduled on September 30th. Don't wait until this date to register!
• Festival competitions are opened to all amateurs and professionals.
• Files provided at registration must allow 40x60 (in cm) prints at least.
• Silver and Bronze divers prizes are back in Portfolio and Thematic series categories.
• Photographers must provide us with information about their work (technical info, name of the species, place, caption, anecdote...).
• Digital files must also be provided in the case of a Printed photo registration.
• Printed photos category allows the registration of two photos.
• Film makers are encouraged to provide us with trailers or extracts of their films.
42nd World Festival of Underwater Picture: Marseille – 29th October – 1st november, 2015
A wind of change blows through the World Festival of Underwater Picture. This year, Philippe Vallette, Chairman of the event, asked the firm HP Communication to use its experience and skill to assist his team in the organisation of the Festival.
The HP Communication company is directed by Hélène de Tayrac-Senik, who also created and directed the Paris International Dive Show. This important event has been successfully organised for 18 years in Paris (Porte de Versailles), France.
This reorganization aims at improving the Festival with the help of the Town Hall of Marseille and thanks to the attractive features of Parc Chanot.
We can outline the event of 2015 as follows:
- A modification of the categories in competition in order to enhance the visibility and notoriety of the Prizes and awards.
- The development of the Festival’s Village, always dedicated to underwater picture but also connected to firms and institutions involved in the underwater world and the Blue Economy.
- The development of the educational vocation of the Festival. Those 4 days remain a major event to raise awareness for the preservation of the environment in general by insisting on the protection of the seafloor. A way to make the leap from Blue Economy to the Blue Society.
Finally, you will be able to enjoy all activities offered to professionals and general public, such as projections of films in competition, the showing of underwater photographs. You will also be able to enjoy exhibitions, conferences, activities for children and the traditional closing ceremony.
Please visit our website to find all useful information for your participation to the 42nd World Festival of Underwater Picture : www.underwater-festival.com