In the summer of 2016 the European Underwater Federation announced that the inagural 'Lavanchy Award' would be given at the 2017 Boot Show.
The award recognises an individual who has enthusiastically contributed to the European diving community and it was named in honour of the late Jack Lavanchy.
Nominations are now open for the 2019 award.
- The individual should have made a significant contribution to the European sport diving community
- The nominee’s actions should have generally encouraged cooperation within the community and have consistently shown a willingness to advance the sport
- The nominee may have been employed in the diving industry or contributed voluntarily
- The award is generally made to a single person, however it might be awarded to a small team who consistently worked together for the benefit of the sport diving community
- The nominee cannot be an organisation or company
- The nominee shall be living or, exceptionally, recently deceased
- The nominee can be of any nationality, age or sex
The candidates will first be screened as suitable by the EUF Board, then voted on by the members of the EUF.
Nominations should be submitted by 15 November 2018. Please contact the EUF for a nomination form and the full criteria required.