The flying industry has invested significant effort in designing gauges that a simple to understand by stressed pilots.
The information is delivered not only via figures, but also through dials and images because it is easier to interpret. Poseidon has incorporated this concept into their M28 Dive Computer (launched at DEMA 2015).
Divers can replace the paddle on their SE7EN with this firmware upgradable computer, or it can be dived as a stand alone device. The feature-rich black and white graphics are delivered via a LCD display. Divers have the choice of two algorithms (DCAP and Bülhmann ZHL16C with gradient factors). Features include a real time GPS, a 3D digital compass with tilt compensation. We believe M28 (depth rated to 200 mt / 656 ft) will start shipping in Spring 2016.
- Operating temperature; -20 to +50°C / -4 to 122°F
- Storage temperature; -30 to +70°C / -22 to +158°F
- Certification; EN 14143, EN13319, EN61000 (emission & immunity), FCC 47 CFR
- Display; 2.8” TFT color display with automatic backlight control
- Navigation and input; 2 button interface
- Battery; Internal rechargeable battery with state-of-charge chip. Operating time min 25 hours
- Pressure sensor for depth, altimeter, barometer; Temperature sensor for water temperature
- 3D digital compass with tilt compensation
- 3D for pitch and roll information
- Wi-Fi; Access Point (AP), Connect to other Wi-Fi device
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR + BLE 4.0 for connection to; Poseidon Rebreather SE7EN, Bluetooth 2.1 devices. IrDA for connection to Poseidon Rebreather MKVI
- CAN connector; Poseidon Rebreather SE7EN Poseidon POD system’s
- Tactile alarm, Vibrator
- Dimensions; L x W x H - 100 x 69 x 29 mm / 3.9”x 2.7”x 1.1”
- Weight; 235 gram / 8.3 oz