Who knew that a 'Simpsons' episode would inspire the name of dive torch?
Anchor Dive Light state their '189' is "the one dive light for photographers, cave divers and divers who want the best" because it is "all singing, all dancing".
Five Main Functions
This modular light has been designed to work with existing Anchor Dive Light canisters and video lights. It has seven functions. Five of the main functions have three different power settings (25%, 50% and 100%).
- The intense 8° spot beam was requested by cave divers and is useful for signalling, or for lighting up cracks and crevices when diving in daylight. It is also possible to have both the spot and the wide 'cool' beam on at the same time.
- The wide 'cool' beam has been designed to match the colour temperature of Anchor Dive Light's 5K video light, so that the two lights can be used together, particularly when you are diving a GoPro and you are trying to avoid getting backscatter.
- Creative photographers have requested the wide 'warm' beam because it gives them a higher CRI (colour rendering index), ie you get a warmer colour at depth.
- Anchor Dive Lights state that the Red feature is designed so that it does not scare fish away. This feature can also be used as a focus light for a camera using a flash or offboard strobes. There is a detection sensor on the lens that detects the pre-flash. It turns off before the primary flash fires so that you are able to photograph a fishes eye.
- The UV function lights up hard and soft corals.
The 189 has a patented multifunction switch that ensures the diver knows the state of battery charge before, during and after the dive. The light also has a memory function so that when the diver turns the light on, it remembers the feature and power setting that was previously used.
- 1,000 Lumen 8° spot beam / 5,000 Lumen 120° wide beam angle
- 15,000 LUX (8°) / 791 LUX (wide) / UV (420nm) / RED (620nm)
- Cree LED Bulb Technology
- 3.7V rechargeable 32650 Lithium Battery c/w battery power display
- 6 hour charge time
- USB battery charger
- Burntime / Power Level: 100% 60 mins, 50% 120 mins, 25% 240 mins
- Strobe and SOS Modes
- Depth Rating: 100 mt / 328 ft
- Durable aviation grade aluminium body and double O-rings
- Low Electric Alarm, Low Electric Protection, Temperature Protection, Battery anti-reverse Protection
- Weight in water: ~300 g / 10.5 oz